Did Not Attend (DNA) Policy
DNA’s have an enormous impact on the services we provide within the practice. On average we have approximately 120 – 170 missed appointments each month with the GPs, practice nurses and Treatment room. To place it in practical terms this is full time GP or nurse whose time is wasted by patients failing to attend their pre- arranged booked appointments.
As a practice we would like to reduce our rate of DNAs, which will:
- Increase the availability of appointments for all patients
- Reduce the pressure placed on the GPs, Nurses, Administration staff & services offered by the practice
- Reduce the current waste of resources.
We do appreciate that everyone forgets an appointment on the odd occasion. However repeated offences are unacceptable. On a monthly basis we will identify patient who have DNA’d more than one appointment in the previous six months. We will informally write to these patients outlining the ways in which an appointment can be cancelled. This will be monitored and repeated DNA’s will result in a formal letter from us outlining any further action the practice may take. Further episodes will result in a meeting with the practice manager & GP or possibly result in a patient being removed from the practice list.
What can you do to help?
Please notify the surgery if you cannot attend an appointment giving as much notice as possible. Cancellations can be made via the following systems:
1. In person - via reception
2. Telephone - by contacting the practice via the main telephone number: 028 90 864455
3. Website - cancellations may be made up to 24 hours in advance via the website.
Thank you for your support and co-operation in this matter.